Pregnancy is undoubtedly, a blessing from the Lord but it’s also our duty to take every measure to ensure a healthy pregnancy throughout this phase.
This stage of pregnancy demands all kind of attentions especially when considering food and diet of a pregnant woman. Food plays a vital role in keeping the would-be-mother healthy as well as to help in the proper growth and development of the baby.
Below is a list of top 10 foods to eat during pregnancy:
- Milk: Milk is rich in calcium and will help in developing the bones and teeth of the baby. Daily consumption of milk in good quantity will eradicate the problem of ill-development of bones and result in stronger bones and teeth.
- Eggs: Eggs are very rich in protein, different types of vitamins, fats and minerals. Eggs are also good source of calories. This is a superfood during pregnancy that boosts overall health.
- Yogurt: 1 bowl of plain yogurt is a good food during pregnancy. It’s rich in protein and calcium to develop muscles and bones.
- Leafy Vegetables: These are rich in vitamin A, C and D. Such vegetables are good for improving eyesight.
- Apple: Very rich source of iron, vitamin C and potassium. Not to be taken at night before sleep.
- Beans: Lentils, kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas etc. are all very rich in protein and fiber. Fiber is very essential to consume during pregnancy as it reduces constipation in the body. Constipation is a common occurrence for a pregnancy woman and this can be reduced by including beans in the diet.
- Sweet potatoes: Cheap and very easily available and are rich in folate, fiber and vitamin C. You can either have these as a part of your regular food or as a snack whenever you feel like.
- Walnuts: These are also rich in protein and fiber. It is said that a handful amount of walnut is a very good way to nourish yourself as well as your baby.
- Whole grains: Whole grains like oatmeal and barley are rich in fiber and other nutrients including vitamin E.
- Lean meat: Consuming lean meat without much of fat is a rich source of protein and choline especially beef or pork. But make sure that the meat is heated well to reduce chances of any bacterial infection.