F-Secure uses advanced technology and integrated security features to bring you some of the best protection from viruses, spyware, worms, ransomware etc. This antivirus software is good at removing rootkits and viruses, which propagate through email and cookies. According to the major test results, F-Secure is one of the best antivirus programs for Windows PCs.
- After first installing the software, the Cleanup tool does a quick virus scan to check if there is malware already in the system. If threats are found, they are taken care of before installation completes.
- There is a free scanner on the program’s website, which can locate and neutralize threats before you even purchase the product.
- You can choose to manually scan USB files.
- The basic antivirus package can be installed on a single PC or laptop, which is standard.
- It comes with a smooth interface that allows for easy navigation. You can easily schedule specific scans or adjust settings. The main dashboard is the access point for scans, tools and statistics.
- F-Secure updates and runs scans automatically. It also scans compressed files and email attachments.
- 99 percent effectiveness score for detection and removal of malware.
- When zero-day threats are identified, the program pushes out updates over a network to users so their computers stay safe.
- Secure Quarantine zone for suspicious files lets the user mark safe files and delete the rest. Malicious files are automatically deleted.
- Does not automatically scan USB files, so threats can still enter in that fashion.
- Heavy on system resources, with several seconds of delay when attaching files to emails, opening applications, or playing games online.
- Mobile devices are not supported. You can buy up to three licenses at a time, although these can only be used for computers.
Although it does not perform really well in all areas, the software is advantageous in many ways. The PC stays protected from viruses, spyware, ransomware, Trojan horses, etc. Updates do not need to be initiated by the user, which means that with an internet connection, you can be sure to stay on top of new threats. In addition, as far as USB protection is concerned, you can still do a custom scan to remove any threatening files, folders or applications before opening a USB drive. Moreover, when scans are done, the protection is pretty solid.